Monday, January 10, 2011

Regret.

I don't regret the laughs, nor do I regret the cries. The trips, the many Happy Hours, the many friends that I've met, I wouldn't trade them for the world. I don't regret the late nights spent making love, or the sweet nothings I let you whisper in my ear. I cherish the bond I've built with your family, gaining the chance to "heal" your heart from the "hurt of past relationships." You said I did it, so it must be true, right? I don't regret the arguments, the many times I was disrespected by figments of your "past." I don't regret the sleepless nights...the nights I spent fighting for myself....for us. Even though I probably should, I don't regret the 6-page texts from friends as they hammer me with advice- most of which I clung to just long enough to feel better....all to fall into the trap again. To be quite honest, there isn't much I regret in life. Everything is a learning experience, all of which I thank you tremendously for.

But I CAN say....my only regret , from January 23rd, 2010 to now, is the millions of "I Love You"'s that I let roll from my tongue and into your ear... instead of locking them away in a safe, saving them for the man who truly deserves to be covered in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment