Monday, December 28, 2009

Let's Pack Our Bags for 2010!

2009 has been a WHIRLWIND. Deaths, births, new dances, new music, new fashion....the list goes on and on and on. And while I embrace change and hold a great appreciation for new ideas and innovative thinkers, not everything is worth bringing with me into the New Year.

With that being said, it's time to make some cuts. I'm super excited for what 2010 has in store for me (graduating from college is #1 on my list..WOOHOOO!), and I know that with forward movement comes change. Seasons end. Friendships begin. As you move to the top, it makes it wayy more easier when you have less unnecessary luggage with you.

Soooooo. Let's pack our bags, shall we?


First things first. What CAN'T fit into our suitcase?



"Things That Can Stay in 2009"


-Sudden Deaths- Family, Friends, Celebrities...seems like all at once, people are dropping like flies without any warning. What's up with this?? Can we have some time to prepare ourselves?? Death is inevitable, but Miss J'Marie can't take all of the out of the blue, R.I.Ps.

-R.I.P. Ridiculousness- Derrion Albert, A.J. Jewell, Shaniya Davis, Jasper Howard, Omar Edwards...The list goes on. If I had my way, We'd see less of this in 2010.


-The word "Swag" -......Seriously?? You REALLY think you have it? Probably the most overused word...definitely beat "Love" in the 2009 list of overused words. LET IT GO, PEOPLE!


-Liquid Leggings- Mkay. The "All Black Everything" phenomenon has everyone stepping out in their hottest digs, decked out in all black. And while most men look SHEXY in their all black, women look like each other's clone. Get creative with the "All Black Everything"! That does NOT mean you have to wear liquid leggings! Please let them R.I.P.

-Pretty Ricky


-MySpace-Should have been left in 2008, but somehow it creeped into 2009. Let's make sure it doesn't peep its way into our 2010 suitcase.


-Liars- It's a new year, which means we are about to be another year older. Stop acting like kids and just keep it funky! :)

-Bitter Women-- Don't get mad, get even! Do you and stop stressin' over that man that's doing him!! Embrace being single. As my girl Carrie Bradshaw put oh so eloquently, "The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” Use every heartbreak, heartache, and disappointment as an opportunity for growth and gain a deeper sense of self-love. Stop being BITTER! :)

-Internet Beef- So what, are you typing with an angry look on your face, backspacing, copy and pasting, then clicking Submit? Dude. Get a life.

-Bad Lace Fronts

-Babies having Babies

-Insane obsession for the lifes of celebs- i.e. Chrianna, Tiger Woods, etc.

-Dumb catchy rap songs


-Dumb catchy rap song dances- Halle Berry in particular

-106th & Park



-Worldly-Sounding Gospel Songs with secular artists on the remixes-- I hope you're reading this, Mary Mary!

-Fairweather Friends --Only room for True-Blues in this suitcase!

-My procrastination.


Okay.


Things that can travel with me into 2010 :)


-Friendships :)

-Twitter

-Starbucks :) :)

-The Stanky Leg (I can't do it, but it's so fun to say!)

-Blogging, soon VLogging :)

-Fashion Blogs -Okay, I have one AMAZING one that I absolutely ADORE, but I refuse to share it... it's my best kept secret! Sorry :(...I'm sure I'll give in and share this awesomeness later on in a "What I'm Reading" post. :)

-Wine, Margaritas, Cosmos, etc. (tehehe)

--Higher Education

-My dreams

-Young Money

-Electronica

-Good Reads

-My California Dreams :)

-Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!

-Graduation

-Love <3


...so much more :)


What are you leaving in 2009/taking with you in 2010??


Happy New Year!! *cheeez*







1 comment:

  1. what in the world is VLOGGING? I want to know!

    Things I'm leaving - bad grades, debt, insecurities, boy troubles, stress, etc.

    Things I'm bringing - new opportunities, the real world, a job, an apartment, debt relief, confidence, embracing the life of a bachelorette, etc.

    <3

    ReplyDelete