Monday, September 28, 2009

The Runaway Blogger.

Shhhhh!!!


Please don't tell my teachers that I escaped from their kung fu grip of reading and papers that can probably create a pretty solid novel-sized collection once the semester is over.


I needed a break. Seriously. Last week I only had time to blog once, and as much as I wanted to write, I NEEDED to get work done.


Oh, the life of an English major.



The work never stops. If it's not writing, it's reading. And if it's not reading, it's studying. And if it's not studying......it's BSA business. I must admit, though. I prefer staying busy. I love knowing that my work is getting done and I'm THAT much closer to graduating (HUGEEE HAPPY FACE).


Anywhooooo...


This past Thursday was BSA's (Black Student Alliance) first Lounge Expos8!!

Lounge Expos8, or L8 as we call it, is a big talent showcase where JMU students come out to, well....do just that. Showcase their talent.


This month's theme was "I Love the 90s", and we took THE most amazing trip down memory lane.


Back when music was real. Back when the music moved us. And not in a "stanky leg" kind of way.


Since I'm the Special Events Coordinator, this was MY show. From finding performers, to rehearsing, coordinating the music, making decorations, EVERYTHING. I did it, with the help of my awesome exec board. :)

The show was a huge success, and for the very first time, I hosted AND performed!!

( I cameo'd on the Fresh Prince theme song ^_^)


Once I had the Lounge Expos8 under my belt, I headed to Virginia Tech for the big game!!


MIAMI HURRICANES vs VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES!!


One word.


Wet.


And not in a good way.


It rained NONSTOP. And even though I had a fun time, I got completely soaking wet. There wasn't a dry spot on my body AT ALL. My hat and poncho did NOTHING for me. :(






My poor head got destroyed :(



You think the rain stopped me from cheering for those good ol Hokies?? Not at all :)

While I yelled until my voice got hoarse, my bestie danced her tushie off in the rain. I tried to take a picture, but I couldn't get close enough...



If you look verrrryyyy closely, you can see her dance team on the sidelines.

After the game.....wait. I must take a second to address how AWESOME the team played.

The Hurricanes may want to change their name. Because obviously no one taught them how to play in the rain. ;-)

31-7, babayyy.

After the game, we dried off, tried to create a miracle with our hair, and headed out to party in HokieTown. I had a blasttttt. Another trip is definitely in the works.

The road back to JMaddy was a long one, but it gave me plenty of time to reflect on the awesomeness that is Virgina Tech. :)

Well...there you have it. I escaped long enough to give you a recap on my weekend. But trust when I say this. Next post will be worth it. I'll have time to sit down and really work on it.

I'm already fed up with the neglegence. I love you guys, I swear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment